An Intimate Evening of Dialogue with Karim Sadjadpour
MembershipSponsors, Ambassador's Circle, Benefactor
WhenNov 28, 2016 @ 6:00 PM
WhereHolland & Knight LLP
About the Speaker
Karim Sadjadpour is a senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment. He joined Carnegie after four years as the chief Iran analyst at the International Crisis Group based in Washington and Tehran, where he conducted dozens of interviews with senior Iranian officials and hundreds with Iranian intellectuals, clerics, dissidents, paramilitaries, businessmen, students, activists, and youth, among others.
He is a regular contributor to BBC TV and radio, CNN, National Public Radio, PBSNewsHour, and Al-Jazeera, and he has appeared on the Today Show, Charlie Rose, Fox News Sunday, and the Colbert Report, among others. He contributes regularly to publications such as the Economist, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, and Foreign Policy.
Frequently called upon to brief U.S., EU, and Asian officials about Middle Eastern affairs, he regularly testifies before Congress, has lectured at Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford universities, and has been the recipient of numerous academic awards, including a Fulbright scholarship.
In 2007, Sadjadpour was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in Davos. He is a board member of the Banu Foundation, an organization dedicated to assisting grassroots organizations that are empowering women worldwide.
He has lived in Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East.Return to Calendar
- The Iran Nuclear Deal One Year Later (Charlie Rose Interview)
- Saudi Arabia is a Loser of the Iran Nuclear Deal (video)
- Iran's Nuclear Odyssey: Costs and Risks
- Iran, Persia, & Cyrus the Great (video)
- The Middle East: a guide to politics, economics, society, and culture
- Faith and power: religion and politics in the Middle East
- Children of paradise: the struggle for the soul of Iran
- A rage for order : the Middle East in turmoil, from Tahrir Square to ISIS
- The Iran primer : power, politics, and U.S. policy
- The Iranian puzzle piece : understanding Iran in the global context